Hello and Welcome,
MAIN Meeting Zoom details
The first main meeting for 2021 is back this Tuesday, 23 February, at 4 pm, where we won't mention that 2021 sounds like 2020 won, nor will we point out that next year, it will be 2020, too.
Before I share what's on, here are the Zoom invite details:
Topic: SPCTUG February 23, 2021, Monthly Main Zoom Meeting
Time: Feb 23, 2021, 04:00 pm Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney.
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: nnn nnnn nnnn
This month, I'll be your guest presenter, and we'll take a look at the following topics:
- Samsung's home robots shown at CES.
- A new pet robot from Japan that won't leave little piles of batteries all over the house.
- Is 5G really worth it yet? And the cheapest 5G smartphone on the market in Australia.
- With Optus having an outage earlier this week, what are the cheapest phone plans in Australia?
- How you can get fast unlimited 4G in Australia at a low monthly price.
- Do you have an iPhone but deleting apps no longer seems possible? It's an easy fix.
- NBN now available to 8.1 million homes, 5.5m homes now on 50Mbps speeds or better.
- The coming satellite broadband revolution.
- Facebook blocking Australian news — what to do?
- An inexpensive UV-C sanitising bag that you can disinfect your masks with now one-third of the price.
Over the next few months, we'll have an Apple, and Microsoft accessibility expert come and show us awesome accessibility features that can make using our devices simpler and easier, as well as more presentations from various technology companies.
Don't forget to check for updates in Zoom and install them. You may be running an older version. While it still works, it doesn't hurt to have the latest version installed!
Current & Upcoming Virtual Meetings
9 2021/02/09 — 17:30-20:30 — 09 Feb, Tue — Programming, via Jitsi
13 2021/02/20 — 13:30-16:30 — 20 Feb, Sat — Web Design, via Zoom
14 2021/02/23 — 17:30-20:30 — 23 Feb, Tue — MAIN Meeting, via Zoom
15 2021/02/26 — 09:30-12:30 — 26 Feb, Fri — Digital Photography, via Zoom
Meeting Location & Disclaimer
~ Newsletter Editor ~
Information for Members and Visitors:
Link to — Sydney PC & Technology User Group
All Meetings, unless explicitly stated above, are held on the
1st Floor, Sydney Mechanics' School of Arts, 280 Pitt Street, Sydney.
Sydney PC & Technology User Group's FREE Newsletter — Subscribe — Unsubscribe
Go to Sydney PC & Technology User Group's — Events Calendar
Are you changing your e-mail address? Please e-mail your new address to — firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLAIMER: We provide this Newsletter "As Is" without warranty of any kind.
The reader assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and subsequent use of its contents.